Wednesday 7 December 2011

Final Design (Internet advert)


This is the finished design of my part of re-branding Babycham. I went with the decision of making it an animated .gif file compared to a normal image because it is much more likely to catch the attention of the viewers when scrolling down website pages. The advert, when clicked on, will direct the viewer to the Babycham website created by one of my teammates.

The actual design itself is quite similar to my previous one. However, I have changed many things to improve the overall design; firstly I chose to change the overall colours to make them look brighter, I also changed the slogan to make it stand out more (considering it was a lot harder to see in the previous design. I then centralised everything important (instead of putting the main things to the left as I did before. This creates more of an impact and makes the viewer remember things more clearly as people naturally look at the center of an image.

I also changed the main logo as well as moved it to the central-top of the advert. This was because the previous logo didn't stand out too well and the colours used were a bit bland and didn't really fit in with the whole Christmas theme. It was also a group decision to have the same logos to make things more consistent in our adverts and publications.

Overall I am quite pleased with the advert and I think it will work well on the target websites I have chosen. However there are somethings I would like to have changed:
  • The Babycham logo needs more refining around the edges because white is showing and it doesn't look naturally placed.
  • The top of the tree should have been showing (maybe putting something significant to the brand on top would have improved it).
  • I would have improved the animation a bit more to make it look more professional. E.g. smoother snowfall and better glow on the text, maybe swaying trees?
I think that it will be very appealing to the target audience. Contributing factors would be the use of colour, the Christmas theme and the shining light all appeal to women. Combining this with well chosen websites to show the advert on will make it successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment