Monday 5 December 2011

Further design

This is another design for an internet advert for Babycham. When I met with my group they all had good ideas on how we could have a unifying theme throughout our designs. We decided to choose a slight Christmas theme in our adverts and we chose the colour scheme of purple and green for the logo and just a general colour scheme that would appeal to females for the advert as a whole.

As a result this is the advert I came up with in response to these conditions:


I like the colours used and the Christmas theme fits really well and the logo is well placed. The best thing about this image is how I have placed the lit up tree to make it seem like it is coming pout of the glass when in fact it is in the distance.

However there are also problems; the slogan, although good, is very difficult to see in these colours and may not attract potential customers the way it was intended to. If I were to change the colour and/or position it somewhere else in the image it will improve it a lot.

I added the moon to the image in an attempt to more ambiance and also to add the mascot of Babycham: a deer, although in the case it would be a Reindeer. It does work however you won't be able to tell it is the Babycham deer without being told which lessens the effect of the whole idea. In my group, we decided to remove the deer from the adverts because it was not helping the image of the product; it made it look childish (not a trait our audience are appealed to).

No comments:

Post a Comment